- salmon fillets
- black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- olive oil
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 6 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 lemon, sliced into slices
- 4 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Season the surface of the salmon with salt, black pepper, fish spice and paprika. Set aside.
- Mix the honey, water, lemon juice and a pinch of salt together. Stir to combine well.
- Heat up a nonstick pan on high heat. Add the olive oil. Pan-fry the salmon, skin side down first, for about a minute. Turn the salmon over and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and place in an ovenproof pan.
- Add the honey mixture and lemon wedges into the skillet, and reduce the sauce until it’s sticky. Pour over the salmon. Basting it with the sauce.
- Finish it off by grilling the salmon in the oven for 5 minutes or until the surface becomes slightly charred.
- Top the salmon with parsley and serve immediately.
White wine Tomato basil sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 packet of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (more to taste)
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper flakes and garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until garlic is fragrant. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they’re soft and blistering, but still hold their shape, 9 to 12 minutes. Add in the white wine, stir, and allow the mixture to come to a gentle simmer. Stir in the basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, sugar, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set aside until needed.