Phyllo cup filling
- 200g mushroom, chopped
- ¾ cup sundried tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped Rosemary
- 3 spring onion stigs
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- Mushroom soup powder mixed with milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Phyllo pastry (4 sheets per cup)
- 1 ½ cup fresh Basil
- ¼ cup almond flakes
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup olive oil plus extra if needed
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Spray muffin pans and set them aside.
- In a medium size pan melt some butter, add in all the filling ingredients and fry until soft and combined.
- Mix the mushroom soup powder with a little bit of milk and add to the filling. Allow simmering until thick. Set aside to cool down.
- Start preparing your phyllo cups by cutting the phyllo pastry into squares. Butter each layer before adding another to it. Make sure you have 4 layers of phyllo pastry.
- Press the phyllo into pre sprayed Muffin pans and add filling to each cup. End of by crumbling some feta on top. Close the pastry on top so that it is flat on top and bake until golden brown. 15-20minutes.
- For the basil pesto: Add all ingredients into the blender jug and blend until a smooth paste is formed. If you need to add more olive oil add little by little but not too much.
- Drizzle some basil pesto over the phyllo cups and serve.