- 900g Cake Flour
- 2 pkt yeast
- 60g Sugar
- 15 g Salt
- 2 cups Warm Water
- 80ml olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup sundried tomato
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ cup chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt together until well combined
- Add the yeast and mix well.
- Add the water and olive oil and mix until a ball is formed, kneed the bread till smooth and soft. Leave to rest for about 15 min.
- Make the sundried tomato paste by adding the tomato, basil, garlic salt and pepper and a little bit of olive oil in a blender. Combine till a paste is formed. Set aside.
- When risen, on a pre-sprayed surface roll out the bread into a rectangle. In the middle start with the paste, then add the mozzarella and feta.
- Use a sharp knife to cut “strips” on the right and left sides of the rectangle. Leave the middle piece uncut.
- Take the top two strips of dough, and overlap them over the cheese mixture.
- Continue to “braid” the dough strips all the way down to the bottom. Wrap the last few strips underneath the loaf.
- Brush the top of the dough with the egg wash.
- Let rise for 15 min.
- Bake at 180C for 30-40 min.