- Puff Pastry (8 circles formed)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced in 4
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil and additional fresh basil for topping, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Form puff pastry in a muffin pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for approximately 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Toss shredded cheeses in a large bowl to combine. Spread cheese at the bottom of the crust, then evenly arrange tomatoes and onions over the cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, baking powder, salt and pepper until combined. Gently stir in basil.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over cheese, onion and tomatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.