Serve: 8 (±7cm glasses)
- ½ cup blueberries plus a hand full extra for garnish
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 115g smooth cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream cold
- Chill the bowl and whisk of a stand mixer in the freezer
- Combine ½ cup of blueberries, lemon juice and zest, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and smash together with the back of a spoon or a potato masher
- When mixture reaches a simmer, continue to cook, stirring often, until sort of thick and syrupy
- Remove from heat, transfer to the bowl of a food processor, and cool completely
- When the blueberry mixture is cooled, add the sour cream and cream cheese to the food processor and puree with blueberries until smooth
- Add heavy cream to the chilled bowl of a stand mixer, attach whisk, and beat on medium-high until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the berry mixture until well combined
- Transfer mousse to desired glasses and garnish with blueberries and mint.
- Add some biscuits in between layers of the mousse to give it a crunchy texture.
- Using a piping bag to pipe the mousse into the glasses, it will be much easier and neater.