Makes 10-12 medium scones
- 2 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 40g soft butter
- 1 cups milk
- 1 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the butter and rub them in with your fingertips.
- Add the cheese and combine well.
- Add the milk and work through until a soft ball of dough is formed. Remove from bowl and mix well with your hands.
- On a flour surface roll out the dough till about 3 cm high. With a round cookie cutter cut out scones till the dough is finished. Place on a pre-sprayed baking tray and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with some egg and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.