Makes one cake or 24 cupcakes
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a cake tin with baking paper and spray well.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a measuring jug.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat well until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture into pre-lined cake tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked in the middle when a testing pin is inserted. For the cupcakes, bake for 12-15 min or until golden brown.
Hint: You can use your desired cake tin. If you use a round cake tin, it is better to divide the batter into 2 tins.
Buttercream icing can be made with the ration 1:2. Meaning 1-part butter and 2 parts icing sugar. For example, if you use 100g of butter then you will use 200g of icing sugar. You can add any flavoring to the icing like vanilla essence or caramel. You can also add in pieces of chocolate or what it is your heart desires.