The Big 5 highlight of the week was watching all eleven members of the Styx lion pride playing on Safari airstrip!
Monday, 28 January 2013
- Herd of three elephants feeding south on Leadwood Road.
- Breeding herd of fifteen elephants moving west on Marula Bult.
- Tingana, the male leopard, moving west from Wetpatch drink stop.
Tuesday, 29 January 2013
- Young Nkuhuma male lion, walking east on Tsololo Road.
- Six buffalo bulls feeding on Madash Road close to the S bend.
- Breeding herd of twenty elephants playing on the road on Shirley’s EP cutline
- Breeding herd of eight elephants feeding on Shortcut Wetpatch.
- Three buffalo bulls resting in the mud on Kudu Drift.
- One buffalo bull resting close to Serengeti Pan.
- Salayexe, the female leopard and her cub, feeding on a juvenile kudu kill on Kudu Drift.
Wednesday, 30 January 2013
- Salayexe, the female leopard, still on the kudu kill off of Kudu Drift.
- Lamula, the male leopard, scent marking close to Londoz Drift.
- Shadow, the female leopard with one cub, resting on Ellie Alley
- Fifteen buffalo bulls feeding on Safari airstrip.
- Herd of three elephants feeding north on Marula Bult.
Thursday, 31 January 2013
(32 ºC) and 15 mm of rain
- One elephant bull feeding on Leopard Drift.
- Breeding herd of about fifteen elephants feeding on EP open area.
Friday, 01 February 2013
- Breeding herd of about twenty elephants feeding on Safari airstrip.
- Shadow, the female leopard and her two cubs, feeding on an impala kill close to Safari Dam.
- Two buffalo bulls feeding on Wetpatch Road.
Saturday, 02 February 2013
- Breeding herd of ten elephants feeding south on Robson’s boundary.
- One buffalo bull feeding on Kudu Drift.
- Tingana, the male leopard, moving south from Second Windmill.
- Moya, the female leopard, moving west on Seepline.
Sunday, 03 February 2013
- Salayexe, the female leopard, hunting warthog and impala on EP airstrip.
- One elephant bull moving west from Rhino Ring South.
- Breeding herd of twenty elephants feeding on marulas on Marula Bult Central.
- Two buffalo bulls resting in the water at Treehouse Pan
- Breeding herd of about twenty elephants feeding on One Eyed Pan Road.