Every morning all around the world, women wake up and stare in the mirror… They think of what they would like to change about themselves; wishing they could have the body of the lady they saw in the grocery store, or even wishing they had better clothes, like a colleague in the office. We are so used to destroying our own self-image, by wondering what other people think about us, that we forget what we already have. Sometimes you don’t need the best labeled clothes, or that name-brand handbag. All you need to do is to focus on what you have that other people don’t and make those specific characteristics work for you!
Beauty can’t be found in books or movies – you have to believe in yourself. Real natural, strong and powerful beauty comes from within your heart. A confident woman is a force to be reckoned with! Nothing can stop her and nothing can get her down. I know that it’s not always easy to be that woman with confidence, or that woman who will trade in her black dress for something more colorful. So let me help you get started.
Here are a few tips that can help you boost your image:
• Let’s start with hair color
Always choose a hair color that will bring out your best features, like your eyes and most importantly, your skin tone. Ask your stylist to help you here.
• Find out what body type you are and start to dress to impress, showing off what suits your body type. Here is a list of different body types that you get and what will look best on you.
1. Pear shaped body – This shape basically tells you that your hips are wider than your shoulders. Rather avoid clothes that will draw attention to your hips and thighs and try to experiment with light-colored tops and dark colored bottoms.
2. Wedge shaped body – This is also known as the inverted triangle. Your chest and shoulders are wider with narrow hips. With this body shape you definitely want to draw attention to your waist and hips.
3. Rectangle shaped body – This means that you are on the slim side and your best assets are your arms and legs. Long jackets can be worn to create that lean look. Rather avoid overwhelming styles and have fun with bright colorful bottoms.
4. Apple shaped body – This means that most of your weight accumulates above the hips. Your best asset is your legs. You can wear belts and boot cut or flared jeans, to create that even line from the shoulders down. Shorter skirts will also draw the attention away from your midsection, so go for it!
• Now that we have the clothes and hair out of the way, let see how make-up steps can also help you find that inner goddess.
Doing make- up is one of the easiest, most simple ways a woman can transform herself. All you need to know is not to overdo it. If you prefer your eyes dark, leave your lips a natural color and vice versa. Foundation is a girl’s best friend. If you use one shade darker than your natural foundation, you will be able to hide those unwanted features. At the same time one shade lighter can highlight your best figures. To bring out the color of blue eyes, try brown, grey and believe it or not, even purple eye shadow. It will enhance your eyes. Use brown, charcoal or dark blue eyeliner with blue eyes. People with green and hazel eyes can basically experiment with all colors and you can also use pink or plum. Those out there with brown eyes usually look best with natural shades like beige and different brown tones. Brown eyes can also use other colors, just as long as it is applied and blended correctly.
I hope that every woman reading this today will go out there and try something new, even if you just start with your make- up. One small step at a time, and soon you’ll become the woman that every other lady wishes to be. Just remember, be confident and grow into the woman you want to be. There will never be another you, so why try to be someone else? Beauty comes in different shapes and sizes for every woman. Be yourself! Be natural, wonderful, healthy, fabulous and unique. That’s what you are, and that’s what beauty is!
“BEAUTY IS ABOUT BEING COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN.
IT’S ABOUT KNOWING AND ACCEPTING WHO YOU ARE.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.