Stress is part of our everyday lifestyle, that is a given. But did you know that stress can also have an effect on your skin? It causes a chemical response in your body and that is why your skin sometimes becomes more sensitive and reactive during stressful times. With stress, your body produces cortisol, causing your sebaceous glands to produce more oil. This can make it hard for your skin problem to heal.
Stress can also cause the following skin problems:
• Skin rashes
• A flare-up of fever blisters
After a long and stressful day at work, most women don’t feel like doing their normal skin care routine, which can aggravate skin problems even further.
Here are some simple, easy steps that can help your skin during stressful periods:
• Make time for you skincare routine at night. Cleanse, tone and hydrate. If you leave a mask on for 10 minutes, it also gives you also time to switch off and relax.
• Regular exercise is very good, not just for your skin, but for the rest of your body too.
• Make time for yourself and do something that you enjoy and that will help you to relax – book a day with friends at a spa and get a facial that will also help with your skin problem.
• Yoga is wonderful method for relaxing.
• Last but not the least ENOUGH SLEEP is also very important. Aim for at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night.
SEA SALT SCRUB to calm irritated skin:
• 1/8 cup coarse granules of sea salt (do not use normal table salt)
• A drizzle of apple cider vinegar (non-filtered, organic is the best) – it acts as an astringent
• 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint- mint may help with any inflammation present.
Combine salt and mint in a small bowl and drizzle enough vinegar to soften the mixture.
Stir to form a thick paste.
Gently massage into skin and rinse well with warm water.
You must be logged in to post a comment.